Project: “Grundvig-Media-Blended-Learning in Euro-Cultural Adult Education”
3nd project year
Duration: 1st January 2005 – 31st July 2006
Participating Institutions: DE, NL, AT, HU
- Institute for education and media (IB&M) of the society for education and information, Berlin (coordinator)
- ASCoR The Amsterdam School of Communications Research, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- University of Vienna, Institute for journalism and communication, Vienna, Austria
- Infinity Ltd. Budapest, Hungary
Cooperating countries: CY, SL, GR, CZ, LT
The project „GRUNDTVIG-MEDIA“ researched on, systemized and made public activities concerning blended-learning in Euro-cultural adult education in the participating countries in Europe. In order to achieve this, a GRUNDTVIG-media contest/EuroMedia was carried out in all countries involved to ascertain high quality further education offers of blended-learning in Euro-cultural adult education in the project years 2003/2004 and 2004/2005.
The work of the 3rd project year focused on the following activities:
The realization of project conferences in the participating countries in order to implement or make public exemplary offers in adult education and multi media products relating to blendened-learning for Euro-cultural adult education.
To sytemize and publish all the enquired and honoured projects on blended-learning and multi media products by means of an internet publication.
The publication of exemplary educational offers and multi media products on blended-learning concerning Euro-cultural adult education was effected on the internet sites of the participating institutions and in specialized journals of the participating countries. In Germany, two articles were published in the expert journal L.A. Multimedia which is being distributed to all German educational institutions.
The distribution of a newsletter in each participating country containing information of the exemplary educational offers and multi media products on blended-learning relating to Euro-cultural adult education.
This project was realized with the support of the EU in the framework of the GRUNDTVIG action of the SOCRATES program. Responsible for he content is solely the project group. In no case it reflects the opinion of the European Commission.
The project „Grundtvig-Media – Blended-LearningGrundtvig-Media – Blended Learning in Euro-cultural adult education“ was financed by the Sokrates-Program of the European Union:
Grundtvig 2, learning partnerships
Financed institution: Institut für Bildung und Medien (IB&M) der Gesellschaft für Pädagogik und Information e.V., Berlin
Project information GRUNDVIG-Media
During the 3rd year the project researched on, systemized and made public multi media offers concerning blended-learning in Euro-cultural adult education in the participating and other European countries. For this sake, expemplary multi media offers on blended-learning and Euro-cultural education were researched on and honoured in multi media contests. The best products were presented during project conferences in all participating countries, they were made known and rehearsed as well as discussed together with further education teachers and interested learners.
During the 3 project year the project activities focused on the publication and transfer of exemplary educational offers on Euro-cultural education by means of multi media or internet, realized by way of blended-learning.
The following activites were realized:
Realization of project conferences in Germany, The Netherlands, Hungary and Austria in order to implement and make public the exemplary educational offers and multi media products on blended-learning for Euro-cultural adult education;
Realization of a European multi media contest in the framework of „Edumedia“ (didactical multi media products by means of blended learning) and Euromedia (educational media for Euro-cultural education) in the framework of activities with the aim of making public these media; (in the course of the project the partnership agreed to grant two media awards in the framework of Edumedia and Euromedia from 2006 onwards: „Comenius-EduMedia-Award“ and „Earsmus-Euromedia-Award“ (see Appendix: media awards)
-systemization of all the registered and honoured multi media products on blended-learning and Euro-cultural education by means of a multi media database „Grundtvig-media“ and its publication in the internet (see Appendix: press information);
Publishing a printed publication „Values for Europe – media culture and ethical education in and for Europe“ together with the planned project results (selected contributions from the project conferences 2003-2006 on the project Grundtvig-media).
In the framework of the projects, conferences, meetings and other events were realized which migth be consulted under project conferences.
The distribution and transfer of exemplary educational offers and multi media products on blended-learning for Euro-cultural adult education were realized by means of project conferences in the participating countries during the 3rd year.
As a result of the GRUNDTVIG-MEDIA-contests/EuroMedia 2003/2004, 2004/2005 and 2006/2006 diverse offers of exemplary multi media products were made in all participating countries, which were applied with success in blended-learning-projects. During the project conferences information was passed concerning insights into blended –learning for Euro-cultural education and exemplary blended-learning-courses. Exemplary multi media products and their use during blended-learning projects were presented at the project conferences as well as exemplary educational offers and multi media products on blended-learning for Euro-cultural adult education which were applied and made known.
Project conference Grundtvig-Media, G2 in Berlin, Germany, 17-20 November 2006:
Conference Grundtvig-Media – blended-learning in Euro-cultural adult education: position and perspectives of educational technology;
Precision of the schedule, preparation of the project conferences in Amsterdam, Budapest, and Vienna, preparation of a European media contest on multi media for blended-learning and Euro-cultural education.
Project conference Grundtvig-Media, G2 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 19-22 January 2006:
Conference Grundtvig-Media – blended-learning in Euro-cultural adult education: multi media adult education in the Netherlands: position and perspectives in the Netherlands;
Presentation and evaluation of multi media for blended-learning and Euro-cultural education;
Decision on and realization of a European media contest 2006 in the framework of Edumedia and Euromedia; preparation of the project conferences in Budapest and Vienna.
Project conference Grundtvig-Media, G2 in Budapest, Hungary, 06-9 April 2006:
Conference Grundtvig-Media – blended-learning in Euro-cultural adult education: position and perspectives in Hungary;
Presentation and evaluation of multi media products from the participating countries for the European media contest, decision of the Edumedia and Euromedia awards, preparation of the project conferences in Vienna.
Project conference and award event (Edumedia and Euromedia), Grundtvig-Media, G2 in Veinna, Austria, 22-25 June 2006:
Project conference „position and tendencies of multi media and blended-learning in Euro-cultural adult education“/ Distribution of exemplary media projects for blended-learning;
Award event in the framework of the European media contest and presentation of exemplary multi media for blended-learning and Euro-cultural education.
Here you can download all press information
Here you can consult photos of various events
The project activities and the European media contests 2004, 2005 and 2006 GRUNDTVIG-MEDIA contest (Edumedia and Euromedia) resulted in a comprehensive stock of multi media products, which was documented, evaluated and awarded by the partnership. In the framework of the project the consultation of the multi media documentation of all registered multi media products was developed further by means of the data bank „Grundtvig-Media“. All multi media products, which received Edumedia or Euromedia awards in the framework of the project Grundtvig-media 2006, are listed in the statement to the press 2006 (Appendix) and can be consulted by means of the Grundtvig-media data bank.
In the Comenius-EduMedia Award 2006 8 European countries participated and in the Erasmus-EuroMedia Awards 10 European countries participated although only 4 countries participated (DE, NL, AT and HU) in the Grundtvig media project.
All in all 144 Comenius-EduMedia Awards were granted in 2006
The awards were given to the following countries:
12 titles from Austria (3 medals, 8 seals, 1 special price)
3 titles from Switzerland (3 seals)
5 titles from Hungary (1 medal, 2 seals, 1 special price)
1 title from The Netherlands (1 medal)
2 titles from Slovenia (1 seal, 1 special price)
1 title from Cyprus (1 seal)
1 title from Greece (1 medal)
119 titles from Germany.
Here you can download all press information
In the Erasmus-EuroMedia Award 2006 11 countries participated (Germany, The Netherlands, Austria, Slovenia, Cyprus, Slovakia, Greece, Croatia, Moldavia and Czechia.
After thorough evaluation the jury decided to grant 25 Erasmus-EuroMedia Awards 2006 (formerly: EuroMedia Awards) to 10 countries (Germany, The Netherlands, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovakia, Cyprus, Greece, Croatia, Moldavia and Czechia):
6 titles from Germany (3 medals, 3 seals,)
1 title from The Netherlands (1 special price)
8 titles from Austria (2 medals, 5 seals, 1 special price)
1 title from Slovakia (1 seal)
3 titles from Hungary (1 medal, 2 seals)
2 titles from Slovenia (1 medal, 1 seal)
1 title from Croatia (1 seal)
1 title from Greece (1 seal)
1 title from Czechia (1 seal)
title from Cyprus (1 medal)
Here you can download all press information
Exemplary multi media products for blended-learning and Euro-cultural education from the participating countries are listed in the following according to exemplary selection:
1. DVD & Begleitbroschüre, “Der letzte Kronzeuge Stauffenbergs:
Carl Szokoll und die Zivilcourage”, Euromedia-Medaille
2. Internetseite http://www.wieninternational.at, Euromedia-Medaille
3. TV Programm (okto.tv) „Cross Cultural Communication“, Euromedia-Siegel
4. Sendereihe „Migration@EU - Migrationspolitik und Integration in der Europäischen Union“, Euromedia-Siegel
5. DVD „Im öffenlichen Raum / Islamischer Friedhof“, Euromedia-Siegel
6. „Erregerfrequenzen - Grenzüberschreitendes Festivalradio Südböhmen – böhmerwald.sumavske radio auf 105.6 MHz“, Euromedia-Siegel
7. Internetseiten http://www.euroesprit.org , http://eu-news.net, Euromedia-Siegel
8. Buch „EU for You – So funktioniert die europäische Union“, Euromedia-Sonderpreis
9. Internetprojekt „Grundlagen der Kommunikation am Telefon“, EduMedia-Medaille
10. Internetprojekt „Simulating IT Careers for Women (Sitcom)”, EduMedia-Siegel
11. DVD „Monument in Motion“ – San Pietro in Vaticano, Palazzo dei Conservatori, EduMedia-Siegel
1. Gemeinsame griechische und türkische Fernsehsendung “Emeis , biz“,Euromedia-Medaille
2. Dokumentar Film ''Geschichte des Weins'', EduMedia-Siegel
1. Dokumentarfilm “Babicka je Oma” (Authentische Geschichte einer Sudetendeutschen über das Leben in der kommunistischen Tschechoslowakei), Euromedia-Siegel
2. CD-ROM “Understanding Media”, EduMedia-Medaille
1. Online-Kurse DirectPoint, EduMedia-Siegel
2. „CD-ROM „Profax Lerncenter Modul Mein Rechtschreib-Trainer Regeln“, EduMedia-Siegel
3. Chirugische Basiskompetenzen, Modul 1 – einfache Wundversorgung, EduMedia-Siegel
1. Internetprojekt „Jüdisches Leben in Europa jenseits der Metropolen“, Euromedia-Medaille
2. „Internetbasiertes Schulprojekt zur politischen Bildung Niederlande, Niederlande-im-Unterricht.de“, Euromedia-Siegel
3. Sendereihe (BR & ORF) „Donauklöster“, TV Dokumentation, Euromedia-Medaille
4. Dokumentationsreihe „Jung und Moslem in Deutschland“, Euromedia-Siegel
5. DVD „Reformation“, Euromedia-Siegel
6. DVDplus „Adrian will tanzen“, EduMedia-Medaille
7. DVD „Aufbau West. Neubeginn zwischen Vertreibung und Wirtschaftswunder“, EduMedia-Medaille
8. CD ROM „Erlebte Geschichte: Nationalsozialismus“, EduMedia-Medaille
9. Internetprojekt „Basta – Nein zur Gewalt“, EduMedia-Siegel
10. Internetprojekt „Konfliktmanagement: Zivile Konfliktbearbeitung und Umgang mit Konflikten in Teams und Organisationen“, EduMedia-Siegel,
11. DVD „Was arbeiten Sie?“, EduMedia-Siegel
12. DVD „Rechtsextrem – zwischen Lifestyle und Gewalt“, EduMedia-Siegel
13, Internetprojekt „Medi@Culture-Online“, EduMedia-Siegel
14. DMP „Sozialpolitik –Gerechtigkeit, Sicherheit, Verantwortung“, EduMedia-Siegel
15. DMP „Safety 1st - Soziale Sicherung und private Vorsorge“, EduMedia-Siegel
16. DVD „Der Mauerbau im DDR-Unterricht“, EduMedia-Siegel
17. DVD „Jakobswege, Wege der Jakobspilger im Rheinland – Eine interaktive Reise“, EduMedia-Siegel
18. DVD „Islam – zwischen Tradition und Tabubruch“, EduMedia-Siegel
19. DMP „Frieden & Sicherheit“, EduMedia-Siegel
20. DVDplus „Jesus von Nazareth“, EduMedia-Siegel
21. DVD „Wer glaubt, der flieht nicht…Dietrich Bonhoeffer 1906-1945“, EduMedia-Siegel
22. DVDplus „Quarks & Co: Volksdroge Alkohol“, EduMedia-Siegel
1. Filmdokumentation „Wie heute, im 20. Jahrhundert“, (Jahrestage aus der Sicht des Films), Euromedia-Siegel
2. CD-ROM „Seismopolis – Wenn die Erde bebt“, Seismopolis – Leben mit dem Erdbeben“, EduMedia-Medaille
1. Internetprojekt „Private History – 1956 and the Kádár-period“, Euromedia-Medaille
2. LLMS “Polyglot Knowledge Bases and European Multicultural Forum“ (Open EuroContent Project), Euromedia-Siegel
3. CD-ROM „Dance Tradition of the Hungarian Folk" / Volkstanztraditionen der Ungarn, Euromedia-Siegel
4. Multimediaprojekt „Net English“, EduMedia-Medaille
5. CD-ROM „VETERINARY PHYSIOLOGY“, EduMedia-Siegel
6. Multimediaprojekt “www.eurosmes.org “ (Elektronischer Geschäftsverkehr innerhalb transnationaler KMU-Netzwerke als Beitrag zur beruflichen Weiterbildung, technischen Fortschritt und Beschäftigung), EduMedia-Siegel
7. LLMS „GDF ILIAS, Hungarian Adaptation of a Web Based L(C)MS with Users' Manual Guide and Learning Modules “, EduMedia-Sonderpreis
8. LLMS „WBT World – Wide Open Resource for Learning and Development”, EduMedia-Sonderpreis
1. Fernsehdokumentation EuroMagazin, Euromedia-Siegel
NL, The Netherlands:
1. Creative Learning Projects: - “Frequency 1550“, - “Digital Strorytelling“, - ScratchWorx“, - „Animation Machine“, - „Nine(9)“, - „Storytellimg Table“, Euromedia-Sonderpreis
2. Multimediaprodukt “Frequency 1550“, EduMedia-Medaille
1. DVD „DNEVNIK NEKEGA NARODA – STORY OF A NATION“, Euromedia-Medaille
2. DVD „DOBER DAN EVROPA – BUONGIORNO EUROPA”, Euromedia-Siegel
3. E-learning Platform www.spletno-ucenje.com, EduMedia-Siegel
4. Weltgeschichte (www.lms.si), EduMedia-Sonderpreis
1. Dokumentarfilm „Iné Svety“ (Other Worlds), Euromedia-Siegel
Detailed information on the multi media products can be consulted in the press information from 22 June 2006, Comenius-EduMedia-Awards 2006, Erasmus-EuroMedia-Awards 2006 and in the Grundtvig-media-data bank.
Here you can download all press information
Here you can consult photos of various events
As a result of the project conferences in former project years an additional print publication „Values for Europe – media culture and ethical education in and for Europe“ with selected contributions of the participants to the conferecnes will be published.
„Euro-cultural education with multi media“
Euro-cultural education refers to tolerance, solidarity and pluralism in Europe. These values can be enhanced and made more popular all over Europe by means of a constant personal discourse and high quality multi media products. Multi media software of high didactical standards has a large potential to enhance Euro-cultural education. To make these possibilities accessible to personal education and further ecducation by means of blended-learning scenarios was the aim of this project.
The internet publication „Euro-cultural education with multi media“ was written as a result of the conferences and project meetings and published in German and English in the internet.
Title: „Euro-cultural education with multi media“
1, B –learning in Europe
2. European education and media
3. Multi media for European education
4. Euro-cultural education in the media society
5. Activating the public in order to achieve a control of values and quality in the media
6. Selected examples of multi media products for Euro-cultural education
As a result of the project conferences during former project years a print publication „Values for Europe – media culture and ethical education in and for Europe“ with selected contributions of the participants to the conferecnes will be published:
Bauer, Thomas; Ortner, Gerhard: Werte für Europa. 2006 BB Median, Düsseldorf, Books on Demand, Norderstedt, Printed in Germany, ISBN 3-928060-99-6.
The publishers (Bauer and Ortner) summarize the publication „Werte für Europa“ on the cover as follows:
Europe is not literature, but still not the (whole) truth. It is still an unrhymed project. In their contributions the authors deal with questions of ethical adult education in and for Europe: What is he value of Europe? Which challenges do appear to transform it from a project to a program?
Which theoretical and practical paradigms are needed, to compensate deficits of communication or to prevent their appearance? Which role do education, media, media education and educational media play in this process? And last but not least: Which strategies do we have for Europe? Is there a teaching program to approach the Europeans to one another?
The questions dealt with in this book offer ways to gain answers, as well as answers which raise questions. In this sense, the book offers reflexions, analyses and concepts on the subject of Euro-cultural education. It was sponsored by the European Commission in the framework of the GRUNDVIG program, discussed in public conferences and internal meetings.
The whole responsiblity for the projects lays with the Institute for Education and Media of the Society for Education and Information. Professor Dr Dr Gerhard E. Ortner, Hagen and Berlin chaired the project, Dr Bernd Midkuszeit was responsible for the coordination and was supported by Dr. Ute Szudra and Dirk Rellecke as co-research fellows. The project partners were: Prof. Dr Joan Hemels, University of Amsterdam, Department for political, social and cultural sciences; Prof. Dr. Dimitris Charalambis, University of Athens, Institute for political and communication sciences; Prof. Dr Thomas Bauer, University of Vienna, Institute for journalism and communication; Zoltan Lender and members of the Hungarian Society for Education and Communication, Budapest as well as Christos Giannoulis and Dr Lambros Kaikitis, Cypriotic Society for Education and Communication, Limassol.
The analyses on transculturality, diversity, media, language and sustainablity are understood as open paths towards the concepts also presented in this book (media control, minorities, crisis mediation). They are understood as exemplary impulses for a European society, which finds itself in the model of an open society.
The book is published in connection with the project sponsored by the European Commission „Grundtvig-Media – Blended Learning in Euro-Cultural Adult Education“. This project was realized with the support of the EU in the framework of the action Grundtvig of the SOKRATES program. The sole responsibility for the contents lies with the publishers of the project. In no way it reflects the opinion of the EC.